GOVERNORS ROUNDTABLE WITH CSOS-BARINGO COUNTY.
Governors Roundtable with CSOs in Baringo County, Organized by CEDGG on the 20-08-2014 at the Kenya School of Government [GTI], Kabarnet.
The following proposals were made:
County government CSO engagement strategy
- Formation of Baringo County CSOs Forum- joint platform for engaging the county government based on the sectors mandates.
- Creation of County CSOs liaison office- to coordinate CSO engagement, access to information and feed back.
- Holding of Quarterly CSOs Governor’s roundtable- engagement on implementation of county programmes and plans.
- CSOs partnership in county planning, budgeting and oversight(CBEF, citizens forums, social audits).
- Setting up of county civic education unit.
- Provision for civic education fund(1%) of county revenue.
- Formulation of county based civic education curriculum
- CSOs participation in civic education provision
Enactment of County Public participation law and regulations
- provide a framework for the direct exercise of sovereignty by the people through informing legislation, policy and development plans;
- provide for a framework for informed, effective, efficient and sustainable engagement of persons in policy, legislation and development plans and programmes;
- provide for a framework for public participation in service delivery by the County government;