Project Title:Empowering the Citizenry to promote efficient and effective service delivery in health and water sectors through detection and prevention of corruption and abuse of Power.
Project Objective: Long-term objective (goal): Engendering Transparency and Accountability in the health and water sectors through Effective Citizen Engagement.
• Mobilize and sensitize residents of Baringo, Kericho and Laikipia counties on public complaints mechanisms
and other tools of promoting accountability in health and water sectors.
• Social auditors Round-table meetings with health department policy actors.
• Social audit dialogue forums.
• Community level awareness forums.
• Social audits of at-least 10 new health facilities in Baringo and Kericho Counties; 6 (Health) and 4 water
projects in Laikipia Counties respectively.
• Training of community social audit teams/civilian oversight forums on policy advocacy.
• Handling and processing of Public complaints and reports on corruption.
• Receiving, analysis and forwarding of public complains:
• Courtesy visits to the county Governors and Speakers:
• Bi-annual round-table meetings with county level public oversight institutions:
• Project Leadership and management.
• Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Framework.
Project Coverage: Baringo, Kericho and Laikipia Counties.
Development Partner: The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH