Project Title: Strengthening the capacities of the state and non-state actors for effective devolved governance.
Project Objectives: To contribute to an accountable, transparent and participatory County governance system in
Kenya in accordance with its constitutional rights.
- Awareness about devolution & citizen engagement opportunities substantially increased.
- Mapping Study.
- Establish Media partnerships in each region for applying various tools
- Apply various public outreach tools (stage plays, local screening of documentaries,
- Training of staff, associates and volunteers of the target CSOs identified through the
- Hold community level civic awareness/sensitization forums on county governance
- Set up of and technical support to Citizen Oversight Forums (COF).
- Training on & application of score-card methodology for County Authorities
- Training & Capacity building of staff of target CSOs as members of the CFOs.
- Workshops & Liaison with County Authorities to increase awareness & appreciation of COF work.
- Networking with national CSOs on Oversight.
- Liaison & cooperation with local Court User Committees (CUC) & local offices of the
Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Capacity building of representatives of county government and county level representatives.
- Technical support to and cooperation with County Budget & Economic Forums where
they exist as tool for public participation in development plan process.
- Technical support to and cooperation with County Citizen Forums where they exist as
platforms for engagement between County Authorities and CSO/citizen as
represented in the COFs.
- Round Table meetings with Council of Governors.
- Four annual best practice and lessons learned conferences.
Project Coverage: The project covers; Elgeyo Marakwet,West Pokot,Baringo and Nakuru Counties.
Development Partner: European Union (EU) / Konrad Adeneur Stiftung (KAS)